- 5-hour, private tour of Chartres from Paris
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Choose a private guide for a personal experience
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Family friendly
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Hear about centuries and myth and mystery that surround the Chartres Cathedral labyrinth, a 42-foot (13-meter) maze in the heart of the nave. Descend into the 11th-century crypt to find chapels, frescoes and ‘jamb statues,’ then take in the exterior of the church. Learn why the cathedral towers are built in different styles, see the 15th-century astronomical clock and get panoramic views of the old city from the Bishops Palace Garden.
After fully exploring the cathedral, take in the best of the historic Chartres, where you’ll find half-timbered houses from medieval times, picturesque foot bridges and tiny fishing boats along the Eure River. Follow narrow streets to pretty shops and cafes, and soak up the unique atmosphere of the center. Finish the day with a return trip to Paris and drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY S.A.R.L. Comfort Cars
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Chartres and Its Cathedral: 5-Hour Tour from Paris with Private Transport.