4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the Panama Canal and learn about its operation on this guided tour. After stopping to check out the Miraflores Locks, visit the Miraflores Lake, the Pedro Miguel Locks, and then drive through the Soberania National Park to the town of Gamboa. There, hop aboard a boat in Gatun Lake where you'll be among ships traveling to the canal. Plus, the tour includes a stop at Monkey Island, home to the white-faced critters.
- A visit to the Panama Canal is a must for first-time visitors to Panama City
- Avoid driving to the canal; round trip transportation is provided
- Entrance fees to the Panama Canal Visitors Center are not included
- Choose between a morning and afternoon departure time
Saved to wishlist!
Private transportation by air-conditioned vehicles
Tour by boat around Monkey Island in the Gatun Lake of the Panama Canal
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels or addresses in downtown of Panama City. Please, provide the name of the hotel or your address at the Comments field.
Reasonable surcharge apply for locations outside of Panama City or airport area and it will be informed prior date of tour for you to confirm it.
- Marina Flamenco, Panama City, Panama
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Safe Transportation Panama
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour in the Panama Canal and Monkey Island?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour in the Panama Canal and Monkey Island?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour in the Panama Canal and Monkey Island?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour in the Panama Canal and Monkey Island?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour in the Panama Canal and Monkey Island
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursWater ToursPorts of Call ToursJet BoatingHalf-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPanama CityShore Excursions - San Blas IslandsBus Tours - San Blas IslandsWater Tours - San Blas IslandsPorts of Call Tours - San Blas IslandsJet Boating - San Blas IslandsHalf-day Tours - San Blas IslandsShore Excursions - LimonBus Tours - LimonWater Tours - LimonPorts of Call Tours - LimonJet Boating - LimonHalf-day Tours - LimonShore Excursions - CartagenaBus Tours - CartagenaWater Tours - CartagenaPorts of Call Tours - CartagenaJet Boating - CartagenaHalf-day Tours - CartagenaCategory
Panama Interoceanic Canal Museum (Museo del Canal Interoceánico) Tours & TicketsSoberanía National Park Tours & TicketsPlaza de Francia Tours & TicketsEl Nispero Zoo and Botanical Garden Tours & TicketsAfro-Antillean Museum of Panama (Museo Afro-Antillano de Panama) Tours & TicketsFuerte Amador Cruise Port Tours & TicketsBayano Lake Caves (Lago Bayano Caves) Tours & TicketsMi Pueblito Tours & TicketsMetropolitan Cathedral Tours & TicketsPresidential Palace (Palacio de las Garzas) Tours & TicketsSan Jose Church (Iglesia San Jose) Tours & TicketsChorro el Macho Waterfall Tours & TicketsAncon Hill (Cerro Ancon) Tours & TicketsPanamá Viejo (Old Panama Ruins) Tours & TicketsMetropolitan National Park (Parque Natural Metropolitano) Tours & TicketsBiomuseo Tours & TicketsPunta Culebra Nature Center Tours & TicketsContadora Island (Isla Contadora) Tours & TicketsBridge of the Americas (Puente de las Americas) Tours & TicketsBarro Colorado Island Tours & Tickets