14 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Relax in paradise for the day on this fun-filled San Blas Islands tour. You’ll be picked up early from your accommodation in Panama City and transported to Isla Yansailadup. This island has some of the most beautiful white-sand beaches in the archipelago. Swim and snorkel in the warm sea, relax on a beach, and learn more about the indigenous Guna people who call these islands home.
- Lunch of fried fish or chicken is included
- Travel to the islands in a shaded boat
- Get free use of snorkeling gear all day
- All logistics are taken care of so you can just enjoy the day
Saved to wishlist!
Snorkel Equipment (snorkel and mask)
Shared roundtrip transfer from your hotel in Panama City to Port of Carti
Shared boat/lancha transportation all day
Tour to Isla Perro, Isla Diablo and the famous Natural Pool
One beverage: Bottle of water, soda or beer
Guna Entrance Fee paid to Border patrol ($22 for Internationals, $7 for Panamanian residents)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
The San Blas islands are located on the Atlantic side of Panama. The drive to the port of San Blas takes 2.5 hours each way, through windy roads with beautiful landscapes, frequent animal encounters and opportunities to take photos.
We pick up all guests at their lodging in Panama City between 5:00am and 5:45am. If staying at Playa Bonita area, we charge an extra fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The boat transfer from the port to the islands may be bumpy with some sea spray. If you are sensitive to motion sickness, please prepare accordingly by bringing appropriate medication. You may also get wet, so please bring some water protection for your luggage and yourself
- PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR A 2.5 HOUR CAR JOURNEY EACH WAY OVER BAD ROADS WITH POTHOLES AND SLOW CURVES! We feel that the islands are worth the long drive, but some travelers have complained about the roads while we are not responsible for the roads and their condition, and we would like you to be aware of this fact :)
- IMPORTANT SAN BLAS DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ! While San Blas is a beautiful island archipelago with stunning beaches and clear waters, it also has its downsides, for which we would like to make you aware off. San Blas is very rustic without the amenities and standards you might be used to from home. Compared to places such as Tahiti and Maldives that are managed by international hotel chains, San Blas has remained autonomous without the influence of outsiders. When visiting San Blas, it should be viewed as a cultural experience where guests live with the Kunas and respect their traditions and ways of living. No aircondition No Wifi No luxury facilities Electricity only available between 6pm and 6am Water is a precious commodity in San Blas. It is either brought in by boat or pumped from the island well. Oftentimes pumps can malfunction and cause water outages. Beds and mattresses can be uncomfortable All services will all be handled by the indigenous Kuna. While Tao Travel 365 strives to provide the best service possible and train the Kuna in customer management, some of the below services are often out of our control. Car transportation (the ride to San Blas takes 2.5 to 3 hours, with 1.5 hours over slow, curvy roads with potholes. For those with motion sickness, please prepare accordingly) Boat transportation (depending on weather and ocean conditions, the 20-40 minute boat ride might be bumpy and wet with ocean spray). Island cabin management (cabins are very rustic and facilities, such as showers and bathrooms are often “home-made” with PVC pipes. Some guests have complained that sheets are old). Island kitchen (meal plans are repetitive and food might taste bland) Trash is a worldwide problem and unfortunately San Blas has not been spared from the ever increasing issue. During certain tides and ocean and wind conditions plastic trash from throughout the Caribbean ocean accumulates on the beaches of San Blas. While the local Kuna are working hard to collect the constant trash washing up on their beaches, guests will nevertheless find evidence of plastic spread out on the island. During the wet months (April - December) or during windless days, all of San Blas experiences sandflies, which are little blood-sucking flies that leave itchy marks. Please ensure to bring natural insect repellent and prepare to return to Panama City with a few itchy memories. We kindly ask our guests to lower their expectation when visiting San Blas and to focus on the beautiful paradise that San Blas has remained despite the effects that modern society has ceased to them. The Kunas are very gentle and kind people, but can also be somewhat shy at times. When approaching them with a smile and an open heart you will be guaranteed an innocent, happy smile in return.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Departure time is between 5:00am and 5:45am from your Panama City lodging. If staying at Playa Bonita area, your departure time is 5:00am.
- You are welcome to bring a cooler with your own drinks, potable water, snacks and beverages (fruit juice or alcohol). The driver will stop at a supermarket on the way to San Blas in order for you to purchase additional items.
- PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR ORGINAL PASSPORT. WITHOUT IT, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE GUNA TERRITORY AND THE SAN BLAS ISLANDS.
- Please be advised that San Blas is in the Guna territory, which is an autonomous, Indian zone. The services are very basic. The Gunas will be providing all touristic services, such as meal preparations, car and boat transportations, lodging, and tour guiding. We are proud to be working with this friendly tribe and with each booking we give back to the community, supporting their customs and their traditional way of life. We kindly ask you to respect this beautiful culture and their simple way of life, leaving your expectations behind and learning about their innocent culture.
- We recommend that you bring your personal hygiene items, such as towels, sunscreen, hats, mosquito repellent.
- In San Blas Islands there are no ATMs, only cash in received. You can buy drinks there, snacks, souvenirs etc.
- “+Movil” and “Digicel” are the cell phone companies that have reception in San Blas.
- Infants need to sit on laps.
- Most travelers can participate
- The car ride to San Blas takes 2.5 hours and for about one hour the drive leads through windy roads. If you get motion-sick, please plan accordingly.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tao Travel 365
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during BLISS in San Blas Islands Panama!!! - Includes Tour & Transport from Panama City?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during BLISS in San Blas Islands Panama!!! - Includes Tour & Transport from Panama City?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Compare Similar Experiences
BLISS in San Blas Islands Panama!!! - Includes Tour & Transport from Panama City
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursNature and WildlifeWater ToursExtremeFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingPanama City4WD Tours - San Blas IslandsSporting Events - San Blas IslandsBus Tours - San Blas IslandsNature and Wildlife - San Blas IslandsWater Tours - San Blas IslandsExtreme - San Blas IslandsFull-day Tours - San Blas Islands4WD Tours - LimonSporting Events - LimonBus Tours - LimonNature and Wildlife - LimonWater Tours - LimonExtreme - LimonFull-day Tours - Limon4WD Tours - CartagenaSporting Events - CartagenaBus Tours - CartagenaNature and Wildlife - CartagenaWater Tours - CartagenaExtreme - CartagenaFull-day Tours - CartagenaCategory
Contadora Island (Isla Contadora) Tours & TicketsMetropolitan Cathedral Tours & TicketsPiedra Pintada Tours & TicketsPresidential Palace (Palacio de las Garzas) Tours & TicketsSoberanía National Park Tours & TicketsMetropolitan National Park (Parque Natural Metropolitano) Tours & TicketsPunta Culebra Nature Center Tours & TicketsBayano Lake Caves (Lago Bayano Caves) Tours & TicketsBridge of the Americas (Puente de las Americas) Tours & TicketsSan Jose Church (Iglesia San Jose) Tours & TicketsPanamá Viejo (Old Panama Ruins) Tours & TicketsBiomuseo Tours & TicketsChorro el Macho Waterfall Tours & TicketsAncon Hill (Cerro Ancon) Tours & TicketsAfro-Antillean Museum of Panama (Museo Afro-Antillano de Panama) Tours & TicketsPanama Interoceanic Canal Museum (Museo del Canal Interoceánico) Tours & TicketsBarro Colorado Island Tours & TicketsMi Pueblito Tours & TicketsFuerte Amador Cruise Port Tours & TicketsPlaza de Francia Tours & Tickets