- 4.5-hour city sightseeing tour of Oaxaca
- Visit the Temple of Santo Domingo de Guzman, an excellent example of Baroque architecture
- Explore the Mixtec and Zapotec archaeological exhibits at the Oaxaca Regional Museum
- Browse for local goods at two of Oaxaca city’s best markets
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by comfortable coach included
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Head over to the former Convent of Santo Domingo that houses the Oaxaca Regional Museum. Browse through exhibits of Mixtec and Zapotec artifacts, including the gold treasures from one the tombs at the archaeological site of the UNESCO-listed Monte Alban.
Next, take a pedestrian pathway to the city center and zócalo. Walk around the town square, called Garden of the Constitution, and enjoy the fountains, laurel trees and a bandstand, where marimba bands are known to play. Take note of the galleries, museums, craft shops and restaurants that you will want to check out later on your own.
Fixing for a snack? Head to 20 de Noviembre Market (November 20th Market), also referred to as Margarita Maza. With the help of your guide, discover delicious food from the Oaxaca region, including different types of chocolates, breads, chorizo, mole and more (own expense).
At Benito Juarez Market, Oaxaca’s oldest market that spans an entire city block, you're sure to pick up unique gifts and souvenirs. Scan the stalls for jewelry, crafts, woven textiles, sandals and leather bags.
After your satisfying overview of Oaxaca, enjoy return transport by coach to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Turismo el Convento de Oaxaca
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by City Tour Santo Domingo/Alcalá/mercados/chocolate pick up 9:30am.