- Tour the archaeological ruins of Mitla, including the 16th-century Church of San Pablo
- See the marvelous tombs, temples and pyramids of UNESCO World Heritage–listed Monte Alban
- Enjoy spectacular views from Monte Alban’s panoramic mountaintop
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned coach included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Constructed with precisely cut and polished tone, the intricate mosaics make Mitla one of the most important Mesoamerican sites of the Oaxaca Valley. Mitla, governed by kings, remained mostly isolated until the Spanish arrived in the 1500s. Learn about this conquest as you gaze at the colonial Church of San Pablo.
After Mitla, continue to the pre-Columbian archaeological site of Monte Alban (White Mountain), a UNESCO World Heritage site. Situated on top of a mountain, you’ll be amazed by the panoramas of the city and Oaxaca Valley. Your guide takes you around the vast complex’s Grand Plaza, altars, temples and pyramids, and shares fascinating facts about Zapotecan history and culture.
Discover some of the site’s 170 tombs, ceremonial platforms and an I-shaped ball court built in 100 BC. Make your way up to the South Platform (Plataforma Sur), which boasts a wide staircase and 360-degree views.
Enjoy free time to gaze at the impressive ruins on your own before your coach takes you back to Oaxaca. You’ll arrive at your hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: It is recommended that you bring a box lunch
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- OPERATED BY Turismo el Convento de Oaxaca
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff