- 2- or 3-hour Nuremberg Old Town and Rally Grounds driving tour with an expert guide
- See top Nuremberg Old Town attractions, including Nuremberg Castle, Albrecht-Dürer-Haus and the Beautiful Fountain (Schöner Brunnen)
- Admire the medieval city walls, timbered houses and cobbled marketplace (Hauptmarkt)
- Visit Nuremberg’s Nazi Party rally grounds including the Luitpold Arena and Zeppelin Field
- See the Palace of Justice (Justizpalast) and opt to visit the Nuremberg Trial Courthouse (own expense)
- Select a 2- or 3-hour tour in the morning or afternoon
- Enjoy the full attention of a guide on this private tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Metropolitan Area Airport, Nuremberg, Bavaria Germany
- Harbor Nuremberg-Roth GmbH, Rotterdamer Str. 2, 90451 Nürnberg, Germany
What To Expect
Behind the walls, walk past the Craftsmen's Courtyard, where glass cutters, leather workers, gold and silversmiths, stained-glass painters and other artisans offer their wares for sale. See the gothic St. Lawrence Church, which was rebuilt after World War II; Nürnberger Christkindlesmarkt, Germany’s most famous Christmas market; plus Town Hall, German Renaissance artist Albrecht Dürer's house and the Imperial Castle courtyards, to name just some of the attractions.
Along the way, learn about the history of this beautiful and prosperous city — as the center of the Holy Roman Empire, to the days of the German Renaissance, the Temple City of the Third Reich, and the home to both the Nazi rallies and Nuremberg Trials.
See where German Emperors were crowned and where saints are buried. Find where the most famous and talented German artisans in history created their awe-inspiring works and where the colorful and lively markets have taken place for almost 700 years.
Then head out to see the Nazi party rally grounds. Discover the Great Street, designed by architect Albert Speer to be the central axis of the rally grounds, and the half-finished Congress Hall of the Nazi Party, a building Hitler planned to use for party meetings. There’s also the largest Third Reich buildings, where Hitler inspected members of the SS, and the Documentation Center, a museum with exhibits on vital wartime and post-war events, like the Nuremberg Trials.
Continue to the Nuremberg Palace of Justice, where the 1945-49 Nuremberg Trials were staged. Visit the courthouse (own expense) if the court is not being used at the time.
This private tour is a customized experience, so be sure to include any specific requests and desired attractions to the guide at any time.
The tour concludes with a hotel drop-off in central Nuremberg.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Nuremberg City of Empires Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Nuremberg Private Driving Tour with Old Town, Rally Grounds, and Courthouse.
- "This is tour is good if you want a quick overview and then go back to the sites that interest you to explore them in more detail." See review