- Entry ticket to the Castle Keep and Black Gate gatehouse of Newcastle Castle
- Book admission in advance to save time and inconvenience on vacation
- Explore the passages and halls of the two medieval buildings independently
- Learn tales of castle’s kings, prisoners, and armies from the exhibits
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The Castle consists of two buildings: the Castle Keep and Black Gate. While the Black Gate is fully accessible, the Castle Keep has many steep stairs and uneven surfaces.
- Dogs, with the exception of guide dogs, are not permitted entry. Buggies can be parked in the reception of the Castle Keep.
- The Castle Keep is a Scheduled Ancient Monument with several upper storeys which are not accessible to disabled visitors. However, there is an audio-video walk-through of the Castle Keep in the Gaol, the only fully accessible room in the Castle Keep. The Black Gate, however, has been fitted with ramps and an external lift. This allows access to the upper-levels of the building, including the shop. The building also has an adapted accessible toilet on its first floor.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Steep uneven stairs that you should be aware of.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Newcastle Castle
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands