8 hours (Approx.)
Once the Roman Empire’s northernmost frontier, Hadrian’s Wall comprises stretches of walls, forts, and barracks. Tap deeper into its history than if alone on this full-day walking tour. Explore parts of the wall, and the remains of the Housesteads fort and Vindolanda supply station, as a guide explains the lives of the soldiers once based here. The tour includes lunch, with the option of transfers from Newcastle for added convenience.
- Explore the highlights of Hadrian’s Wall on a full-day walking tour
- Hear more about the wall and its one-time armies than you might alone
- View the wall, Housesteads fort, and Vindolanda’s archaeological remains
- Relax with lunch included, plus handy optional transfers from Newcastle
Saved to wishlist!
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Drinks at Lunch time
Departure & Return
Henshaw, Northumberland NE47 7AN, UK
Hexham NE47 7JN, UK
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We require a contact mobile/cell phone for all customers to contact you on the day of your tour. This will ensure we can inform you of changes to the meeting point or other information prior to your tour.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please contact us about any disabilities your group may have. We can customise tours for wheelchair and those with vision impairment.
- Due to COVID-19 we ask all customers to maintain social distancing as per the United Kingdom Government guidelines
- For all other COVID-19 information please visit our website.
- Please contact us prior to booking if you have a health condition to discuss the suitability of the tour for you
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Iles Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 10078P10
Explore Similar Things to Do
Archaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingNewcastle-upon-TyneArchaeology Tours - North East EnglandWalking Tours - North East EnglandHistorical Tours - North East EnglandFull-day Tours - North East EnglandArchaeology Tours - MiddlesbroughWalking Tours - MiddlesbroughHistorical Tours - MiddlesbroughFull-day Tours - MiddlesbroughArchaeology Tours - YorkWalking Tours - YorkHistorical Tours - YorkFull-day Tours - YorkCategory