- Experience the signature sights of Washington DC on a day trip from NYC
- Hassle-free way to see and learn about the US capital’s landmarks
- See the White House, Lincoln Memorial, and domed Capitol building
- Visit Arlington Cemetery and the National Air and Space Museum
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
6:30 AM Departure In front of Port Authority side entrance Bus Terminal Building on 42nd Street (between 8th & 9th Avenue)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
When you arrive, start your DC sightseeing tour at Arlington Cemetery where you're free to visit JFK's gravesite. Then, take a drive through the city center to admire landmarks such as the domed Capitol building and White House before visiting the National Air and Space Museum, part of the Smithsonian Institute. Finally, enjoy photo ops at some of DC’s most famous attractions near the National Mall—the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, and Korean War Veterans Memorial. Finally, begin the trip back to NYC, where your tour ends.
Please Note: This tour is scheduled to stop in front of the White House and the Capitol building for commentary and photo ops. However, please be aware that occasionally this is not possible due to security issues in Washington. If this occurs during your tour, the itinerary will be adjusted accordingly.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Depending on the rules on the day, sometimes a stop can be made for photographs from outside the fence
- Time at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum is approximately 1.5-hours
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Due to security, there is no entry to the White House
- Due to security a passport or U.S. ID will be required to enter Arlington Cemetery
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- In the event that parts of this itnerary remain inaccessable due to COVID 19 an alternate itinerary will be followed. Final details will be available prior to each departure. On our tours we use a wide variety of attractions which all have different policies regarding Covid 19. In order to enjoy the full experience of the tour it is recommended to bring a face covering as it may be required for entry at certain locations.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 54 travelers
- OPERATED BY Empire Vacations
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Washington DC Day Trip from New York City.