1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Millions of travelers pass through Grand Central Terminal, but most never discover the secrets of this Manhattan showpiece. This tour lifts the lid: spotlighting the origins and evolution of the beaux arts train station from its heyday to disrepair and restoration. Spot detail and design quirks; and hear stories of its past that will give you a deeper understanding of the building than you could get alone.
- Discover the secrets of Grand Central Terminal on a small-group walking tour
- Learn about detail and design features not obvious to untrained eyes
- Uncover surprising gems and historical tales you may not experience otherwise
- Enjoy a tour capped at 15 that's ideal for history and architecture buffs
Saved to wishlist!
Guided walking tour led by a local New Yorker
Departure & Return
89 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tour is in English
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Untapped New York
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during New York City Secrets of Grand Central Terminal Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during New York City Secrets of Grand Central Terminal Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during New York City Secrets of Grand Central Terminal Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during New York City Secrets of Grand Central Terminal Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 26697P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursArchitecture ToursWalking ToursMarketsHistorical ToursArt ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingNew York CityFood Tours - New YorkArchitecture Tours - New YorkWalking Tours - New YorkMarkets - New YorkHistorical Tours - New YorkArt Tours - New YorkFood Tours - BrooklynArchitecture Tours - BrooklynWalking Tours - BrooklynMarkets - BrooklynHistorical Tours - BrooklynArt Tours - BrooklynFood Tours - NewarkArchitecture Tours - NewarkWalking Tours - NewarkMarkets - NewarkHistorical Tours - NewarkArt Tours - NewarkCategory
Central Park Conservatory GardenHard Rock Café New YorkEast VillageBernard B. Jacobs TheatreCathedral Church of St. John the DivineLyceum TheatreStone Street Historic District Carnegie HallWall StreetNew World StagesThe Met BreuerManhattan BridgeMusic Box TheatreWollman RinkRadio City Music HallLincoln Center for the Performing ArtsBarrymore TheatreMadison Square Garden42nd Street New York CityHudson Yards