Explore our promoted experiences
- Discover Creole and Cajun culture on a full-day tour from New Orleans
- Enjoy a thrilling airboat tour through the winding bayous in remote cypress swamps
- Savor an elegant lunch at at a traditional Southern plantation
- Visit Houmas House and Laura Plantation
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Must be centrally located, contact local supplier to confirm pick up point. Supplier will contact you to give an exact pick up time the day before your tour.
What To Expect
A Cajun guide awaits at the water’s edge to take you on a thrilling wildlife‐spotting expedition through remote cypress swamps. Along the way, hear fascinating information about the area and its wildlife population including reptile habits, healing plants, and exotic birds. Get great up‐close photos and learn about the history and mystery of the swamps and the Cajun people.
After your airboat tour, head to Laura Plantation and hear personal stories of the men, women and children who lived there. Explore the West-African influence on the architecture and traditions of the Creole culture.
Continue on to Houmas House and enjoy onboard commentary about the antebellum south. Tuck into a delicious elegant lunch before your tour of the plantation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking in the special requirements field
- Tour operates in all weather conditions. Umbrellas and rain ponchos are available for use if guests forget their own. If a tour cannot operate due to inclement weather you will be notified
- Due to the nature of the airboat, children under the age of 5, pregnant women, people with back or neck issues or recent surgeries are not allowed to participate in the airboat portion of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours by Isabelle
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Airboat and Plantations Tour with Gourmet Lunch from New Orleans.