8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Soak up the atmosphere of the bayou on this 8-hour cultural tour from New Orleans. Visit the Oak Alley Plantation House, dating from 1837, and view the stately row of 28 evenly spaced mature oaks that line the driveway. Follow your guide, dressed in period costume, through the mansion, the blacksmith shop and the onsite restaurant. Then, learn about life in the bayou's waterways aboard a swamp and wetlands boat tour. See the amazing variety of flora and fauna native to the area and hear about life in the Barataria Swamps from your native guides. Round-trip transportation from New Orleans is included.
- Visit Oak Alley Plantation
- Take a boat tour of Barataria Swamp
- Learn about life during the plantation's zenith
- See an array of wetlands flora and fauna
- Round-trip transportation from New Orleans
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Departs from your New Orleans Hotel indicated on your reservation. Please confirm hotel pick up point/time with local tour operator.
Return point: Returns to original departure point (approx. 4:45pm)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved at Oak Alley
- Hotel information and valid contact number required at time of booking.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Most of the house & trails are wheel chair accessible. Foldable wheelchairs are convenient for movement around the grounds and in the plantation house.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- OPERATED BY Louisiana Tour company
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full Day Oak Alley Plantation and Swamp Boat Tour from New Orleans?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Full Day Oak Alley Plantation and Swamp Boat Tour from New Orleans?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full Day Oak Alley Plantation and Swamp Boat Tour from New Orleans?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "great places to visit on any trip to NOLA, both quite close to city, to make a day trip to both feasible." See review
Product code: 15200P9
Compare Similar Experiences
Full Day Oak Alley Plantation and Swamp Boat Tour from New Orleans
7 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeWater ToursEco ToursWalking ToursFull-day ToursPlantation ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingNew OrleansBus Tours - LouisianaNature and Wildlife - LouisianaWater Tours - LouisianaEco Tours - LouisianaWalking Tours - LouisianaFull-day Tours - LouisianaPlantation Tours - LouisianaBus Tours - Orange BeachNature and Wildlife - Orange BeachWater Tours - Orange BeachEco Tours - Orange BeachWalking Tours - Orange BeachFull-day Tours - Orange BeachPlantation Tours - Orange BeachBus Tours - DestinNature and Wildlife - DestinWater Tours - DestinEco Tours - DestinWalking Tours - DestinFull-day Tours - DestinPlantation Tours - DestinCategory
LaLaurie MansionStoryville District CabildoBeauregard-Keyes HouseNew Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA)Audubon Butterfly Garden and InsectariumNational WWII MuseumSydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture GardenMagazine StreetLake PontchartrainLongue Vue House and GardensNapoleon HouseSt. Louis CathedralCourt of Two SistersFaubourg MarignyPort of New Orleans (Port NOLA)Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and PreserveSt. Joseph PlantationMusical Legends ParkLouisiana Children's Museum (LCM)