- Old Delhi walking tour at night
- Walk within the old city walls of Shahjahanabad, capital of the Mughal Empire
- Follow your local guide on foot through the bustling market of Chandni Chowk and past shops along Ballimaran
- Visit Sisganj Gurdwara and Sunehri Masjid (Golden Mosque)
- Enjoy a sumptuous dinner of typical Indian dishes at Karim’s restaurant
- Small group tour with a maximum of six people ensures a personal experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up the guest 10 Minutes prior from the hotel or any other location within the city to reach the starting point of the experiential tour. After finishing the tour we will drop off the guest at the same location where we picked the guest before starting the tour.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
What To Expect
Begin at Sisganj Gurwara, one of the nine historical gateways to the guru. This famous monument commemorates the martyrdom of Sikh Guru and is located in Chandni Chowk, an old market whose name means ‘moonlit square’. Learn how local Sikhs travel to this square for worship even to this day.
Head to nearby Sunehri Masjid, the entrance to the famed Red Fort, which is just outside Delhi Gate. The salmon-colored stones that make up this Golden Mosque are a stunning sight that dates back to the mid-18th century.
Stop to sample traditional Indian sweet and savory namkeens at well-known Kanwarji’s (own expense) before you head off with your guide to the back alleys of New Dehli. Stroll past the bakeries and chai shops of Ballimaran Street near Chandni Chowk and experience the buzz of the city at night.
Make a visit to the last wonder of the Mughal Empire—Jama Masjid. This famous mosque was erected in the mid-1600s and the bazaars that surround it stay open until the early morning hours. Finally, head to the legendary Karim’s restaurant for dinner. Enjoy a traditional Indian meal with your guide before returning to your hotel for the evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Sita, India
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms