- Rum-tasting and food walking tour in Nassau
- Explore downtown Nassau’s food and drink scene with a knowledgeable guide
- Visit Smugglers Beer Garden for rum samples and a bit of buccaneer history
- Discover interesting local businesses like Hillside House and Graycliff Chocolatier
- Enjoy rum cocktails, rum-infused chocolate, conch and lobster fritters, and a homemade boozy rum cupcakes
- Learn about sugar cane, barrel aging and other facets of rum making at John Watling’s Distillery
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people provides a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Continue to three more local spots, where you’ll fill up on rum cocktails along with conch and lobster fritters, rum-infused white chocolate and other regional delicacies.
Along the way, uncover some of the city’s lesser-known sights and hear stories about the island’s rum-running, swashbuckling past. See, too, the historical buildings that played a role in the profiteering business as storage for liquor about to be transported overseas.
Make your final stop of the tour at John Watling’s Distillery. Walk around the Buena Vista Estate, where the distillery is situated, and learn about the production of rum as well as the 17th-century pirate for whom the distillery is named.
Tastings include (subject to change with notice):
• 6 rum tastings
• 3 rum cocktails
• Bahamian conch and lobster fritters
• Rum-infused bonbons
• Caramel truffle shot
• Homemade boozy rum cupcakes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to consume alcohol in the Bahamas is 18 years old
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately; rain gear provided if necessary
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the 2 passenger requirement. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Islandz Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "It’s was a small group of six and we weren’t hurried at any point.There is a steep hill in one part of the walk so if you aren’t that mobile it may be an issue." See review
- "I would highly recommend this tour but be prepared to walk." See review
- "There is a good bit of walking, mostly uphill , I'd estimate about 1.5 miles in all." See review