1 day (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the enigmatic ruins of ancient Herculaneum on a private full-day tour from Naples, then indulge in wine tasting at a local winery. Learn about life in ancient Rome as you roam the ruins of Pompeii’s lesser-known neighbour; admire the fine mosaics and skeletal remains; and discover how the city was destroyed in 79AD after the eruption of nearby Mount Vesuvius. Then, journey through the hillside vineyards, looking down over the Amalfi coast, and stop to enjoy an expert-led tasting of regional wines.
- Full-day private tour of Herculaneum from Naples, including wine tasting
- Explore the fascinating ruins of ancient Herculaneum on a 2-hour walking tour
- Admire beautifully preserved mosaics, carbonized furniture and skeletal remains
- Sample regional wines at a local winery, with views over the Amalfi coast
- This private tour ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Professional guide (if option selected)
Wine tasting fee - if the option chosen includes it
Access fee to the ruins
Wine tasting fee - if the option chosen does not include it
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your accommodation or Cruise docking (if coming on a Cruise ship) in the Naples area, Salerno & Amalfi coast area, Sorrento's area.
Return point: Pickup point or any different requested drop off point located in the area of the excursion
- Naples Airport, Naples Italy
- Salerno Costa d'Amalfi Airport, Via Olmo, snc, 84092 Bellizzi SA, Italy
- Sorrento Airport, Sorrento Italy
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY A DRIVE INTO THE BLUE
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsFood ToursBus ToursCity ToursOvernight ToursWine TastingsPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingNaplesShore Excursions - PompeiiFood Tours - PompeiiBus Tours - PompeiiCity Tours - PompeiiOvernight Tours - PompeiiWine Tastings - PompeiiPorts of Call Tours - PompeiiFull-day Tours - PompeiiShore Excursions - SorrentoFood Tours - SorrentoBus Tours - SorrentoCity Tours - SorrentoOvernight Tours - SorrentoWine Tastings - SorrentoPorts of Call Tours - SorrentoFull-day Tours - SorrentoShore Excursions - PositanoFood Tours - PositanoBus Tours - PositanoCity Tours - PositanoOvernight Tours - PositanoWine Tastings - PositanoPorts of Call Tours - PositanoFull-day Tours - PositanoCategory
Capodimonte Museum (Museo di Capodimonte)Catacombs of San Gennaro (Catacombe di San Gennaro)Galleria Umberto IVia San Gregorio Armeno (Christmas Alley)IschiaNaples Underground (Napoli Sotterranea)Saint Elmo’s Castle (Castel Sant'Elmo)Path of the Gods (Sentiero Degli Dei)La Reggia Designer Outlet Naples Zoo (Lo Zoo di Napoli)Basilica of San Domenico Maggiore (Basilica di San Domenico Maggiore)Castel Nuovo (Maschio Angioino)Bourbon Tunnel (Galleria Borbonica)Naples Cruise Port (Terminal Crociere di Napoli)San Carlo Opera House (Teatro di San Carlo)Virgiliano Park (Parco Virgiliano)Church and Monastery of Santa Chiara (Chiesa e Monastero di Santa Chiara)Royal Palace of Naples (Palazzo Reale)Saint Lucia Neighborhood (Quartiere Santa Lucia) Fontanelle Cemetery (Cimitero delle Fontanelle)