- Take a class to learn the Japanese art of 'shodo' (Japanese brush calligraphy)
- Study shodo techniques like proper hand posture for the 'fude' (calligraphy brush)
- Practice the line work for Japanese words like 'samurai,' 'friend,' and 'dream'
- Create a one-of-a-kind calligraphy souvenir using special 'shikishi' paper
- Great way to learn about Japanese culture
Departure & Return
Address: 2-33 Komadomecho, Kita-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 462-0059, Japan Direction: 10 minutes walk from Subway Kurokawa Station Exit.3
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start your session by practicing the proper technique for holding and moving the “fude” calligraphy brush. Your instructor will help show the proper movements for composing lines in this meticulous art form. Experiment with your newfound skills as you try forming different the characters for Japanese words like “dream,” “heart,” “samurai,” and “friend.”
Once you feel ready, you’ll begin creating a special calligraphy artwork using a paper called “shikishi.” When your one-of-a-kind creation is finished, you’ll also receive a special stamp from your teacher as recognition of your work. You’ll leave your 1.5-hour class session with a special souvenir of your experience to show friends and family back home.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 10 years
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Please wear an apron or clothes you do not mind getting ink on
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tourist Top World Co.,Ltd.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Shodo Experience in Nagoya.