Explore our promoted experiences
- Ideal for food lovers who want to dive deeper into Japanese food culture
- You’ll also be able to purchase local ingredients to take back home
- There are options for solo travelers as well as groups of up to six
- Home is accessible by public transit; host greets you at Kachigawa station
Departure & Return
Meet your host Akiko at the ticket gate of Kachigawa station. Further instructions will be indicated on the ticket confirmation.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a Nagoya home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Japanese culture and cuisine together.
- Please not that the "market tour" is a tour of the local supermarket, not an actual outdoor market!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff