- Northern Nagano cherry blossom and snow monkey tour
- See Japanese macaques at the Jigokudani Monkey Park
- Visit the blooming sakura trees of the northern region with your guide
- Learn about the yearly tradition of welcoming spring in Japan
Departure & Return
In front of the Information Board at JR Nagano Station just across the Shinkansen exit (left of the Beck's Coffee).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear suitable shoes for walking
- We monitor the blooming of the blossoms a select the possible location to view them for each tour, affecting the end time of each tour which will be between 17:30 to 18:30.
- If the trees are not in bloom on the day of the tour, you will visit Zenko-ji Temple and the sake brewery store instead. You will be notified of the change three days in advance of your tour
- In winter, the snow monkeys are often seen in the park’s hot spring bath. However, in spring and autumn months, the monkeys may just play or eat in the water
- On rare occasions, the monkeys may not come into the park. On these occasions, the park will close and an alternative tour will be provided
- Infants aged under five years old are free; lunch for infants is not provided
- Vegetarian option is available; please make a note your dietary requests in the ‘Special Requirements’ field when you book
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Guests are required to follow the Snow Monkey Park rules at all times. Guests are not permitted to touch, hold, feed or bathe with the monkeys at any time. There are no barriers separating the monkeys from visitors to the park. Please ensure you keep a minimum distance of 1 to 2 meters between yourself and the monkeys. Your guide will explain the rules prior to entering the park.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- OPERATED BY Machinovate Japan Ltd.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by (Spring Only) 1-Day Snow Monkeys & Cherry Blossoms in Nagano Tour.