- 4-hour tour of Muscat
- Visit the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque and admire its marble courtyards and prayer halls
- Stroll through Muttrah Fish Market and the maze-line lanes of Muttrah Souk
- Chart Oman’s history at the Bait Al Zubair Museum
- Stop for photos of the Sultan’s Al Alam Palace, and the Mirani and Jalali forts
- Transport, hotel pickup and drop-off, and entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup: We pickup the guest between 30 - 60 minutes before the tour departure, We pickup from all hotels in Muscat and Port.
Drop Off: Hotels in Muscat
- Muscat Cruise Port
What To Expect
On route, learn how the city has successfully retained its rich Arabian heritage and culture, despite having undergone rapid development over the last few decades.
Head first for Muscat’s undoubted showpiece: the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque. Opened in 2001, this stunning marble mosque is one of the largest in the Gulf, with room to accommodate 20,000 worshipers.
After touring the glittering courtyards and prayer halls, continue to the Ministries quarter, home to many of Muscat’s foreign embassies and consulates.
Admire the bougainvillea-laced avenues and immaculate white buildings with their Islamic arches and latticework, and then travel to Muttrah, the commercial heart of Muscat lining a spectacular, mountain-backed bay.
Stroll through the seafront fish market where the locals trade their catches, and admire the sweeping Corniche, lined with latticed and balconied buildings. Then, delve into Muttrah Souk, a maze of covered alleys filled with stalls peddling spices, perfumes, coffee, antiques, and homewares. Breathe in the exotic aromas, and perhaps haggle for goods with tips from your guide.
Having explored here, pay a visit to the Bait Al Zubair Museum, a charming museum that charts Oman’s fascinating past from ancient through to modern times. Learn about the country’s rich culture and early roots, and then continue deeper into old Muscat.
Pose for photos outside the blue-and-gold Al Alam Palace, the official residence of Sultan Qaboos, and take pictures of Muscat’s twin Portuguese-built forts, Mirani and Jalali, perched on rocky outcrops above the bay.
Your tour then finishes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line UAE & OMAN
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Muscat Half Day City Tour.
- "This is an excellent way to get a taste of Muscat when you only have a day in port." See review
- "The tour company should not pick up people for group tours who are that far away." See review
- "There is a fair bit of waiting in the vehicle, initially, for reasons that are unclear but once the actual tour begins, it is very interesting." See review