- Guided walking tour of western and eastern Old Montreal
- Explore the public squares of Place Jacques-Cartier, Place d’Armes, and Place Royale
- Meander down the historic streets of Saint-Jacques, Saint Paul, Notre-Dame, and Rue de la Commune
- Stroll along the riverbank of Old Port and admire the architecture of Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal
- Learn the city’s history, culture, and development from your guide
- Choose from one morning and two afternoon departures to suit your schedule
Departure & Return
Presse Cafe Montreal Convention Centre
What To Expect
Learn about this city’s rich history, French heritage, architecture, and culture while roaming the maze of narrow streets like Saint-Jacques (the former Wall Street of Canada), Saint Paul, Notre-Dame, and Rue de la Commune—plus a few hidden courtyards. Stroll along the river banks at the Old Port of Montreal and visit some of the city’s public squares, like Place d’Armes, Place Royale, and Place Jacques-Cartier, witnessing the impressive monuments and beautiful works of art on display there.
See the famous Notre-Dame Basilica, widely recognized as one of the most impressive landmarks in the world. It’s one of the crown jewels in Quebec's rich religious heritage and a focal point in Montreal’s history. In fact, the original stained-glass windows here paint a story of Montréal’s religious past.
Your tour concludes at your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please dress according to weather conditions; proper footwear is advised
- We recommend you bring snacks and water
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Coach Canada - Gray Line Montreal
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms