- Guided food tour of Montreal’s Jewish neighborhood
- Learn about one of Montreal’s most historic and welcoming neighborhoods
- Stroll the charming streets while hearing stories about the local restaurants and delis
- Taste traditional Jewish desserts at a kosher bakery
Departure & Return
We meet you inside of Lester's Deli. We finish far away from here. Please come in public transit or a taxi. The closest station is Outremont Station
There are many cabs and buses around here to get you where you need to go after the tour
What To Expect
Continue on to a local kosher bakery to sample sumptuous Jewish desserts, which may include chocolate babka, triangular stuffed hamentashen, nutty rugelach and poppy seed cake. No Jewish food tour would be complete without a visit to a bagel joint, so taste for yourself what some claim to be Montreal’s best bagel at the next stop.
In between tasting stops, admire the neighbor’s diverse architecture and listen to your guide share tales of famous former residents, such as writer Mordecai Richler. To get a true feel the neighborhood’s dining scene, pop in to a local restaurant that’s been dishing up authentic Jewish dishes for more than 80 years.
By the end of the tour, expect to eat five to seven different samples that make up a satisfying meal.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We walk 3 kilometres: 1.8 miles
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Round Table Food Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "You won’t leave this tour Hungary for food or knowledge, many nice surprises on the tour." See review