- Food tour in Nice from Monaco
- Visit an oil mill in Opio to taste some of the most distinguished olive oil of the French Riviera
- Taste several typical Nissart dishes paired with rosé at a restaurant near the Nice port
- Stop at the fort of Mont Alban for a beautiful panorama of the Mediterranean
- Learn about local culinary traditions from your guide
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
The first stop on your foodie tour is the little town of Opio. Situated on a hill to the east of Grasse, Opio is home to an olive mill that produces some of the best olive oil in the French Riviera. Sample some of that famous oil, along with an olive tapenade (a relish made from diced olives).
Travel on to Mont Alban to see the 16th-century hilltop fort, which is a great viewpoint from which to see not only Nice but also the pretty town of Villefranche as well as much of the rest of the Mediterranean coast.
Next, head into Nice itself for the final stop on your tour. Visit a local restaurant near the port to sample some dishes that are typical to the city. These are called 'Nissart,' and this cuisine – along with much of the cuisine of the French Riviera – is often a mix of both French and Italian culinary styles.
Taste a thin pancake made with chickpea flour that's called a 'socca' and a tart made with sweet onions called a 'pissaladiere.' Drink some refreshing rosé as you eat, learning about the culinary history of the area as well from your foodie guide.
Return to Monaco, where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Liven up
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms