- Full-day private Mombasa tour
- Visit Fort Jesus UNESCO site
- See the old town and tour a local market
- Hotel pickup, drop-off, and entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Continue into Mombasa’s old town, where diverse historical architecture tells the story of the Africans, Arabs, Asians, Portuguese, and British who have shared the city for hundreds of years. Take in the elephant trunk monument, a poignant reminder of the now-illegal ivory trade that flourished in Mombasa. Pass the atmospheric fish market, where local fishermen display each day’s catch, and take time to sample local dishes in the market (own expense)—visiting the market with the guide is a perfect way to learn about Mombasa specialties.
Spend the afternoon in Haller Park, a wildlife sanctuary with a fish farm and reptile zoo. The park was constructed in a disused cement quarry, and has been transformed with hundreds of indigenous plants, casuarina trees, and other vegetation, which now support a thriving animal population. Try to spot some of the bushpigs, giraffes, elands, and oryx that live within the park. After visiting the park, return to your Mombasa hotel, where this private tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY PERFECT WILDERNESS TOURS AND SAFARIS
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms