- Admission ticket to USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park
- Set your own pace to explore the two National Historic Monuments
- Explore the USS Alabama and USS Drum submarine
- Learn about American World War II history
Departure & Return
Departure PointBattleship USS ALABAMA, 2703 Battleship Pkwy, Mobile, AL 36602-8003
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
What To Expect
Your self-guided tour can begin anywhere you like in the 100-acre park. Take a look around the USS Alabama and get a feel for life on a battleship during World War II. As you walk around the ship, you can peak into the kitchen, doctor's quarters, radio room, and more. The ship served as a set for the 2016 movie USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage, which starred actor Nicolas Cage.
Next, check out the USS Drum, the oldest American submarine on display to the public. The submarine was deployed in the Pacific theater, sinking several Japanese warships and providing reconnaissance at Iwo Jima and Okinawa. Continue to the Aircraft Pavilion to view the 28 historic airplanes and military vehicles on display.
Other wars receive recognition at the military park. To honor the 100th anniversary of WWI, the Great War exhibit opened in March 2016, and memorials throughout the park include the Korean Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, the Fallen Hero’s 9/11 Memorial, and a monument for Military Service dogs.
Check the calendar for special events such as historical reenactments performed by the Living History team every other month.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park App available to download
- Kennel is available for guests traveling with pets
- Some of the ship is wheelchair accessible; however, due to lots ladders there are areas of the ship that are not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is casual
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY USS ALABAMA Battleship Memorial
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- "More than 3 hours needed, so you can see everything!!" See review