- Gain priority access to the Duomo, Milan’s most notable monument
- Learn about the cathedral’s fascinating history and architecture from your guide
- Enjoy wraparound views of Milan from the rooftop
- Hear stories behind the church’s statues, spires, and buttresses as you admire them up close
Departure & Return
Duomo Square n.4 (under the arches next to 12 OZ Coffee Joint). Meet the Guide 15 minutes before the starting time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After receiving your headphones, listen to stories about the Duomo—including how it took almost 600 years to complete—and how it fits into the history of Milan. This masterpiece of Gothic architecture is Italy’s largest cathedral, and one of the biggest in the world.
Make your way to the elevator entrance with your guide, avoiding waiting in the line thanks to your pre-booked ticket, and take the lift up to the first terrace of the cathedral roof. From there, walk around to the front of the Duomo—admiring spires up close—and ascend the last steps to reach the highest part of the rooftop. The golden Madonnina statue atop the highest spire is clearly visible from here, and on a clear day you may even see as far as the Italian Alps.
Descend the steps and elevator to return to the pavement below, and your tour ends where it began outside the Duomo.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes, preferably with a rubber sole
- During hot days it is recommended to wear a sun hat
- The elevator has a maximum capacity of 7 people, so you may encounter a wait to get to the roof
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Veditalia
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by 1-Hour Rooftop Guided Tour of Milan's Duomo.