- Private cooking lesson in Yucatean cuisine in Merida
- Learn to cook a variety of traditional foods like tamales, tostadas, and salsas
- See a side of local culture unknown to most tourists
- Lunch or dinner option available
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free drinks included
Departure & Return
Please meet your host Sofia at her home in Boulevares de Chuburna neighborhood of Merida. Exact address can be found in your ticket upon booking confirmation.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note, Sofia's home is also a homestay so other guests might be present in the home, but your experience will be private
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- This is not a professional cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into an authentic, local home to meet a local person and share the culture and cuisine together
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Bring local foods closer to travelers in a real in-home experience." See review