- Make the drive to El Peñol in the comfort of a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Fully narrated tour provides insight into culture and history throughout the trip
- Climb to the top of El Peñol for a great view of the surrounding area
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Upon arrival, climb the 700 steps to the top of the boulder with your guide, who entertains and informs you during the trip. After admiring the view, come back down to tour the town of Guatape and eat lunch on the waterfront (own expense). You can optionally ride a boat around the lake, depending on time.
Pass through a number of small towns before returning to your hotel (drop-off is later for passengers who choose the waterfall option).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring Colombian Pesos with you for souvenirs, food, tips etc.
- Dress code is casual; wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Medellin Travels
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "El penol was worth the 700 steps as the view from the top is spectacular." See review