- Combination tour: Haleakala sunset and 3-course dinner
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from most hotels
- View the volcanic crater from the Haleakala Visitor Center
- Avoid the sunrise crowds on Haleakala by visiting for sunset instead
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pickup from most hotels on Maui approximately 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM.
This list includes additional pick up locations.
Coconut Inn 181 Hui Rd F, Lahaina, HI 96761
Hale Royal Condo 3788 Lower Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761
Kahana Manor 4310 Lower Honoapiilani Rd # 108, Lahaina, HI 96761
Pohailani Maui Resort 4435 Lower Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761
Hale Ono Loa 3823 Lower Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761
The Pikake 3701 Lower Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761
International Colony Club 2750 Kalapu Dr, Lahaina, HI 96761
Kaanapali Plantation Condo 150 Puukolii Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761
Safeway Lahaiana Cannery Mall 1221 HI-30, Lahaina, HI 96761
Lahaina's Last Resort Hostel 252 Lahainaluna Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761
Haleakaka Shores 2619 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753
Kamole Beach Royal 2385 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753
Kalama Terrance 35 Walaka St. Kihei, HI 96753
Waipuilani Condo 1002 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753
Village by the Sea 938 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753
Koa Resort 811 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753
Safeway Kihei 277 Pi'Ikea Ave, Kihei, HI 96753
Makani A Kai 300 Hauoli St, Wailuku, HI 96793
Maui Mall 70 East Kaahumanu Ave, Kahului, Maui 96732
Minit Stop Store 333 Dairy Road Kahului, Maui 96732
- Kahului Airport, 1 Keolani Pl, Kahului, Maui, HI 96732
What To Expect
After a stop at the Haleakala Park Visitor Center at about 7,000 feet (2,134m), make the final, winding, push towards the volcano’s magnificent summit. The crater overlook is just below the summit at 9,740 feet (2,969m), and there’s a good chance you’ll be one of the only people there. Gaze upon the colorful crater with its smooth, lunar cinder cones, and peer across the orange horizon to the peaks of the Big Island in the distance. After staying to watch the stars twinkle high above the volcano, descend the mountain for a 3-course meal near sea level at Café O’Lei. Meal options are both meat and vegetarian, and the evening concludes with a convenient drop-off right back at your hotel.
Sample Dinner Menu:
Kula green salad with papaya seed and lilikoi dressing (veg)
Portuguese bean soup
Top sirloin steak
Grilled vegetable Napoleon over quinoa with pesto and balsamic reduction (veg)
Fresh fruit sorbet
Warm brownie sundae
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- It is recommended that you dress warmly, as temperatures on the summit range from 20 to 40 degrees F (-6 to 4.5 degrees C)
- It is not guaranteed that the weather on the day of your tour will permit viewing of the sunset
- Special Needs requests must be called in to the local supplier AT LEAST 1 week prior to tour date. All special needs requests are handled and accommodated on a situational basis.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude. People who have gone scuba diving should wait 24 hours before going on this tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Polynesian Adventure Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Haleakala Maui Sunset Tour.