2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Discover the old mountainside city of Matera on a 2-hour private walking tour. Visit the city’s key landmarks like Palazzo Lanfranchi, the church of San Pietro Caveoso, the Sasso Caveoso, and visit a typical cave house from the region. Learn about the history of this centuries-old city from your informative guide and even walk the streets where Mel Gibson filmed scenes from ‘The Passion of the Christ.’
- Take a 2-hour private walking tour of the mountainside city of Matera
- Visit key landmarks like Palazzo Lanfranchi and the Sasso Caveoso
- Learn about the unique cave dwellings and history from your guide
- Enjoy a personalized experience with your own private tour guide
Saved to wishlist!
Guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the tour by a certified local guide
Tickets for a rupestrian church with frescoes and a typically furnished casagrotta.
Any kind of transportation
Departure & Return
Piazzetta Pascoli, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Activity level: moderate.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Askos Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Questions & Answers
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Matera 2 hours walking tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the social distancing policy during Matera 2 hours walking tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Matera 2 hours walking tour?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 23258P82
Explore Similar Things to Do
Archaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMateraArchaeology Tours - BariWalking Tours - BariHistorical Tours - BariArchaeology Tours - TarantoWalking Tours - TarantoHistorical Tours - TarantoArchaeology Tours - Alberobello & LocorotondoWalking Tours - Alberobello & LocorotondoHistorical Tours - Alberobello & LocorotondoCategory