- 9-hour tour through the villages of the Luberon from Marseille
- Explore the rolling lavender fields and charming villages of the Luberon with your guide
- Take the picturesque Combe of Lourmarin route through the foothills of the Luberon mountains
- Enjoy free time to explore the village of l'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue at your leisure
- Visit the 12th-century Sénanque Abbey and admire the Pont Julien, a Roman bridge
- Wander round open-air markets in Bonnieux and Roussillon, and browse locally produced lavender oils at the Lavender Museum’s shop
- Tour includes round-trip travel from the port in Marseille
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Stop first in l’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue to stroll the riverside and browse local antique shops, art galleries, boutiques and cafés, followed by Gordes, widely considered one of France’s most beautiful villages. Tumbling down the hillside, the white stone town of Gordes offers spectacular views of the Luberon plain.
Next, head to Bonnieux, a lovely village known for its medieval Roman-Gothic Vielle Église (Old Church) and its surrounding patchwork of vineyards and orchards. From here, you’ll follow the Combe of Lourmarin, a verdant river valley that splits the Luberon mountain range. Stop in the picturesque town of Lourmarin to have some lunch (own expense) and view the town’s Renaissance castle, dubbed the Villa Medicis de Provence.
After lunch, head to the medieval Senanque Abbey – situated amidst a sea of lavender – for photos (stop only included from June 15 to July 15). Then enjoy some free time in the village of Fontaine de Vaucluse.
Your final stop is Roussillon for an unforgettable look at the region’s famous ochre cliffs, painted in swathes of red and yellow. Grab any last souvenirs before heading back to Marseille. Your coach returns to the departure point at Marseille’s Old Port in the evening.
Please note: As the markets only take place in the morning, the itinerary order may change.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking.
- On certain days, a drive through Aix en Provence may be included to pick up and drop off passengers.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Perched Villages of the Luberon Day Trip from Marseille.