- Tandem paragliding experience in Malibu, California
- Enjoy aerial views of the Pacific Ocean and Malibu hills in the company of a certified paragliding instructor
- Choose between a motorized or non-motorized flight
- All equipment and safety instruction included
Departure & Return
Walk to the beach access across from that address. We meet on the beach or sidewalk by access
What To Expect
Begin your paragliding trip at Malibu's Carbon Beach (sometimes the flight will leave from Ojai depending on wind conditions), with flights departing every 30 minutes between 12 and 5pm. Your exact time will be scheduled upon confirmation with the tour operator. Receive a short safety briefing from your instructor, then get suited up by strapping into your paragliding harness alongside your experienced pilot.
Your paraglider is an inflatable nylon "wing" that fills with air just like a parachute, allowing an incredible sensation of floating as you glide on the nearby air currents. Depending on the option you've selected, you'll either take a 20-minute motorized ride off the beach, or a more traditional 30-minute non-motorized ride, which will depart from the top of a nearby bluff.
As you glide gently into the sky, your pilot will handle the steering so you can focus on simply enjoying the incredible views. Check out the amazing vistas of the Pacific Ocean and the hills of Malibu down below, perhaps snapping a few pics to remember your amazing flight. Finish your exhilarating ride with a landing back on Carbon Beach.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum weight per passenger is 285 (122kg or 19st)
- A limited amount of personal items, such as a small day pack, is allowed, and you may bring a compact camera if you wish
- There is no age limitation but minors need to be accompanied by a parent
- Powered and non-powered paragliders are used and may also be changed due to weather conditions
- Passengers will fly with an instructor — only one person can fly with the instructor at a time
- Flight time could vary due to weather conditions
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for Trump voters
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Uptimal Paragliding aka Malibu Paragliding
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms