Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day trip to Gibraltar from Malaga
- Take in views from the famous Rock of Gibraltar
- Enjoy a Gibraltar sightseeing tour and visit St Michael's Cave
- Shop for British specialties on Main Street
Departure & Return
Avenida de Andalucía, bus stop nº11 in front of Caixa Bank.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Famous for its soaring limestone ridge known as the Rock of Gibraltar, this chunk of British territory is also known for its duty-free shopping and British-style sights, including traditional pubs and trademark red telephone boxes.
After a roughly 2-hour journey, arrive and enjoy a sightseeing tour of Gibraltar’s main attractions. Snap photos of the port, glimpse the walled inner city, and visit St Michael’s Cave, a network of natural caverns in the cliffs. Admire the stalactites and stalagmites and marvel at the largest cavern, an incredible grotto that’s used for concert and cultural events. Next, drive up the 1,400-foot (425-meter) rock as your guide talks about the age-old legends that surround it. The ancient Romans and Greeks considered it one of the two Pillars of Hercules that stood at the edge of the world. At the summit, gaze out over the Spanish coast and toward Morocco across the Strait of Gibraltar. Meet the rock’s famous residents: the semi-wild Barbary macaque monkeys known locally as ‘Barbary apes.’ Take snaps of these cheeky animals, but keep a watch on your belongings as they’ve been known to snatch and run!
Descend the rock and enjoy free time to explore the center independently. Perhaps have lunch (own expense) at a pub, meander around the pretty lanes, or shop till you drop along the long, central avenue of Main Street.
Most of the stores are made up of high-street British names, as well as international fashion chains and craft shops. Browse for British specialties such as clothing; snap up traditional Gibraltar glassware; and perhaps pick up duty-free favorites such as liquor, watches and fragrances.
Afterward, relax on the coach ride back to Malaga where your tour ends at the start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please note this tour has pick-up points in the cities of Torremolinos and Fuengirola
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please note the duration of the tour is approximate and can vary.
- Most travelers can participate
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Julia Travel S.L
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Gibraltar is well worth seeing the monkeys the caves the view, but spend the full day utilizing a different tour operator we had Julia Travels or stay the day and visit the sites yourself." See review
- "It took a little over 3 hours each way, which would have been fine if that was what I had paid for and was expecting." See review
- "This tour is an easy way to go and see Gibraltar from Malaga!" See review