3 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit Mount Pilatus and take a train ride on the world's steepest cogwheel railway on this self-guided tour from Lucerne. Ride on the new aerial cableway, the Dragon Ride, included, as well as a panoramic gondola ride. All transportation included; you are free to explore on your own once there.
- Family friendly
- Rail Tour
- Small-group tour
Saved to wishlist!
Train (2nd class)
Cogwheel train ride
Panoramic gondola ride
Aerial cableway ride
Bus ride from Kriens-Lucerne main station (or vice versa)
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Parking fee (5 CHF per day)
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointPilatus Luzern, Schlossweg 1, Kriens, Lucerne 6010 Switzerland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Important: From October 24th to November 4th 2022 cable cars are not running due to inspection
- Operates in almost all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Cableways are not in operation in the case of storms
- It is not possible to book a specific time slot
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Pilatus Railways
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mt Pilatus Self-Guided Tour and train from Lucerne?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Mt Pilatus Self-Guided Tour and train from Lucerne?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Mt Pilatus Self-Guided Tour and train from Lucerne?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mt Pilatus Self-Guided Tour and train from Lucerne?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "We actually bought train tickets to get to the Pilatus Railway Station to exchange our tickets This was suppose to be included in the price, very disappointing to have to pay double for a train ticket." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Mt Pilatus Self-Guided Tour and train from Lucerne
3 to 6 hours
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Winter SportsWinter Sports Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLucerneWinter Sports - Central SwitzerlandWinter Sports Tickets & Passes - Central SwitzerlandWinter Sports - ZurichWinter Sports Tickets & Passes - ZurichWinter Sports - BaselWinter Sports Tickets & Passes - BaselCategory
Swiss Museum of Transport (Verkehrshaus der Schweiz) Tours & TicketsEngelberg Monastery (Kloster Engelberg) Tours & TicketsHofkirche Tours & TicketsLion Monument (Löwendenkmal) Tours & TicketsLucerne (Luzern) Tours & TicketsCulture and Congress Centre (KKL) Tours & TicketsWeggis Tours & TicketsRichard Wagner Museum Tours & TicketsPilatus Railways (Pilatus Bahnen) Tours & TicketsMt. Stanserhorn CabriO Cable Car Tours & TicketsEngelberg Tours & TicketsRosengart Collection (Museum Sammlung Rosengart) Tours & Tickets