Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Private 8-hour tour of Mt. Rigi from Lucerne
- Explore the Swiss Alps by boat, cog-wheel railway and train with a private guide
- Choose your itinerary to hit the highlights you most want to see
- Enjoy panoramic views from Lake Lucerne and the summit of Mt. Rigi
- Discover traditional towns such as Arth-Goldau
- Tour includes round-trip travel from your Lucerne hotel or Lucerne train station
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Perhaps hop aboard a sightseeing boat for a cruise on sparkling Lake Lucerne, and gaze out over the pretty shoreline from your vantage point on the water. Take the 35-minute cog-wheel railway from Vitznau to the top of Mt. Rigi — at an altitude of 5,900 ft (1798m) — and marvel at panoramic views over the surrounding peaks.
Capture the scenery on camera and stop for lunch (own expense) in one of two mountaintop restaurants. Then, take a different route back down — passing through Arth-Goldau on the eastern flank of Mt. Rigi.
Back down at ground-level, transfer back to your original starting point to bring your private tour to an end.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- a minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- children must be accompagnied by an adult
- for wheelchair assistance - please contact us before booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY SwissTravelGuide.ch
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands