- See where some of Italy’s most famous marble originates
- View the Colonnata and Miseglia valleys along the way
- Sample a traditional appetizer during the return drive
- Travel in comfort by air-conditioned Jeep
Departure & Return
Meet at Strada Comunale per Colonnata, 1, Calaggio. How to reach the meeting point: The motorway exit is Carrara. Follow the directions towards "cave di marmo" or "Carrara centro". As you reach the roundabout, take the third exit in Viale XX Settembre and keep driving for 7 km. At the roundabout, drive straight towards the hospital and pass it. After about a hundred meters, you will be in the location called Ponte Di Ferro. Go right, direction Colonnata. Once in the village of Bedizzano, turn left and drive along this road for 2 km. Before Colonnata, on the left side, there is a block of marble with "Cava Romana I Sec A. C." written in red. After 50 m there's a yellow building, "Bar & Souvenirs Corsella": tours depart from there.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Curioseety SRLS
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Carrara Marble Quarries Tour by Jeep.