Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Day trip from Los Angeles to Palm Springs
- Take a narrated city tour of Palm Springs with your guide
- Enjoy a scenic aerial tram ride for amazing views of the desert and mountains
- Pass homes of Hollywood stars in El Paseo, the Rodeo Drive of Palm Desert
- Shop for great bargains on your favorite designers at Desert Hills Premium Outlets
- Transport by comfortable air-conditioned coach
Departure & Return
6:30AM Departure Los Angeles Farmers Market Corner of West 3rd Street and Fairfax Boulevard Meet at entrance of Starbucks Coffee Shop
7:00AM Departure Meet at outside front entrance of hotel
What To Expect
Begin your Palm Springs trip in the morning from either the Los Angeles Farmer’s Market or the Four Points by Sheraton in Culver City. Settle in to your seat on the air-conditioned coach that will drive you the 120 miles (193 kilometers) east out of the city of Palm Springs.
You’ll start your day in this desert town with a guided sightseeing trip, covering local landmarks including the city’s many golf courses and the one-time homes of celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley and Barbara Streisand. Continue next to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. This sky-high attraction ascends nearly 6,000 feet (1,828 meters) from the desert floor, providing stunning aerial views of Palm Springs and near-vertical cliffs of nearby Chino Canyon.
After your time above the city on the Tramway, proceed to the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens, a public zoo and botanical garden that provides insight into the wild diversity of life that inhabits the world’s driest places. Observe animals including mountain lions, coyotes, giraffes and zebras, plus less well-known creatures like the Fennec fox, which uses its uncharacteristically large ears to help cool down.
Climb back on board your coach after the zoo and gardens, heading to El Paseo. This upscale street, known by many locals as the “Rodeo Drive” of Palm Desert, is known for its high-end shopping and secluded mansions home to various Hollywood celebrities. Enjoy a break for lunch amidst the the fancy retail offerings in this swank location.
Finish your trip at the Desert Hills Premium Outlets, offering 130 high-end brand name stores at bargain prices. Shop until you drop for brands like Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana, Coach, Polo Ralph Lauren, Versace, Prada and Last Call by Nieman Marcus. After scoring a few bargains, hop back on your bus for the ride back to Los Angeles.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Empire Vacations
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "I would give 4 hours, and skip the zoo (that is not even in the program)." See review