3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Tailor-made for archaeology fans, this private walking tour takes you off the tourist track and into the nooks and crannies of central London where Roman ruins still lurk, almost 2,000 years after they were built. Discover the old Roman baths, the ancient city walls, the remains of an amphitheater, and, when access allows, the Temple of Mithras that rests beneath a 21st-century office tower.
- Discover London’s Roman heritage on a private walking tour
- Duck down deep below the city streets to explore ruins others rarely see
- See sights from the Roman wall to the old baths to an antique temple
- Put navigation worries aside as your guide collects you by public transport
Saved to wishlist!
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Departure PointSaint Martins Court, St Martins Court, London EC4M, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
We can meet you at any Central London hotel not just those listed before going by Tube to the tour starting point.
Return DetailsOne London Wall, London Wall, Barbican, London EC2Y 5EB, UK
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Guaranteed access to temple requires advanced booking for peak times.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ye Olde England Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Roman London Private Walking Tour?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Roman London Private Walking Tour?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Roman London Private Walking Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Roman London Private Walking Tour?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 8607P57
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursCity ToursWalking ToursMarketsHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLondonFood Tours - HorleyCity Tours - HorleyWalking Tours - HorleyMarkets - HorleyHistorical Tours - HorleyHalf-day Tours - HorleyFood Tours - Stansted MountfitchetCity Tours - Stansted MountfitchetWalking Tours - Stansted MountfitchetMarkets - Stansted MountfitchetHistorical Tours - Stansted MountfitchetHalf-day Tours - Stansted MountfitchetFood Tours - CambridgeCity Tours - CambridgeWalking Tours - CambridgeMarkets - CambridgeHistorical Tours - CambridgeHalf-day Tours - CambridgeCategory
St. James's ParkCenotaph London BridgeCutty SarkSouthwark CathedralKew GardensTheatre Royal Drury LaneLondon Canal MuseumGuards MuseumRegent's ParkRoyal Air Force Museum LondonShaftesbury TheatreTate ModernTottenham Hotspur StadiumThe London Bridge Experience and London TombsRoyal Albert Hall Brixton MarketParliament Square Westminster BridgeWembley Stadium