2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Step back into the Tudor era on this private tour of Hampton Court Palace. Built by Henry VIII in the 16th century and later expanded, it’s one of southern England’s highlight palaces. Meet your guide—a celebrated historian who’s appeared on Tudor-themed television specials—and get ready to explore (entry own expense). Whether it’s fashion, royal intrigue, artworks, or more, the tour can be specially tailored to fit your interests. You can also sign up for the general tour option for a broad overview of the landmark.
- Explore Hampton Court Palace in the company of a celebrated historian
- A private tour lets you customize the itinerary to fit your interests
- Pick from a number of convenient departure times
- Select the general tour grade for an introductory overview of the palace
Saved to wishlist!
With Siobhan Clarke who has a History degree and is accredited by the Institute of Tourist Guides.
Siobhan is the author of two books: 'Tudor Christmas' and 'The Tudors'
Siobhan has featured on BBC Radio and television's 'Secrets of Henry VIII's Palace'
Excellent reviews on Trip Advisor under 'The History Guides'
Siobhan has worked at Hampton Court for 20 years for Historic Royal Palaces.
Palace Admission Tickets must be booked in advance online
Food and Drink
Departure & Return
Departure Point64 Hampton Ct Way, Molesey, East Molesey KT8 9AU, UK
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- There are opportunities to sit during the tour
- Slow pace available on request
- Tour will be adapted to suit all ages, interests and abilities
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Entrance tickets must be booked online in advance from the Hampton Court Palace website
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY The History Guides
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Hampton Court Tour - Secrets of a Tudor Palace?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Hampton Court Tour - Secrets of a Tudor Palace?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Hampton Court Tour - Secrets of a Tudor Palace?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Hampton Court Tour - Secrets of a Tudor Palace?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "a lot easier to find, a 35 minute train ride from Water Loo station." See review
Product code: 70875P6
Explore Similar Things to Do
Historical ToursArt ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLondonHistorical Tours - HorleyArt Tours - HorleyHistorical Tours - Stansted MountfitchetArt Tours - Stansted MountfitchetHistorical Tours - BrightonArt Tours - BrightonCategory
Trafalgar SquareStamford BridgeGatwick Airport (LGW)British MuseumEstorick Collection of Modern Italian ArtAbbey RoadKiyan Prince Foundation StadiumLondon ChinatownGabriel's WharfSir John Soane's MuseumBond StreetHeathrow Airport (LHR)St. Katharine DocksChelsea Physic GardenImperial War Museum (IWM)Shaftesbury TheatreWhitechapelPlatform 9 3/4City of LondonThe Postal Museum