3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Doing your own Charles Dickens-themed tour in London may mean only skimming over the sites linked to the Victorian-era author. This private half-day guided tour steers you smoothly between the sights, and reveals details about Dickens’ work and characters for a more enriching experience than if alone. Find spots such as the Olde Curiosity Shop, explore Dickens’ house-turned-museum in Bloomsbury, and more. Entrance fees and tube tickets at your expense.
- Retrace the footsteps of Charles Dickens on a private tour in London
- Dig deeper into Dickens’ life and works with a guide for insight and tales
- Roam areas that inspired him, visit the Charles Dickens Museum, and more
- Includes on-foot hotel or Borough tube pickup; museum and tube tickets extra
Saved to wishlist!
London Underground Tube ticket
Entrance to Charles Dickens House Museum
Departure & Return
Departure PointBorough High St, London SE1 1JX, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
We can meet you at your Central London Hotel (not just those listed above), otherwise just outside Borough High Street Tube Station where the tour commences.
Return DetailsCharles Dickens Museum, 48-49 Doughty St, Holborn, London WC1N 2LX, UK
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- We have earmarked this tour as especially safe during the Coronavirus outbreak due to generally quiet places that we visit where social distancing is generally not a problem. All of our tours are private so it is just you/your family and your guide. To make it easier and safer for all concerned we would suggest starting this tour a little later than the usual time, perhaps around 10.30-11am which allows us all to miss rush-hour. We are happy to still come to your hotel to meet you but for the moment we would suggest meeting us at the tour starting point. This allows you to arrive by a taxi or uber rather than public transport. Please feel free to wear masks throughout or at times during the tour. Your guide will also have a mask with them.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ye Olde England Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Charles Dickens Private Walking Tour?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Charles Dickens Private Walking Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Charles Dickens Private Walking Tour?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 8607P15
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursCity ToursWalking ToursMarketsHistorical ToursArt ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLondonFood Tours - HorleyCity Tours - HorleyWalking Tours - HorleyMarkets - HorleyHistorical Tours - HorleyArt Tours - HorleyHalf-day Tours - HorleyFood Tours - Stansted MountfitchetCity Tours - Stansted MountfitchetWalking Tours - Stansted MountfitchetMarkets - Stansted MountfitchetHistorical Tours - Stansted MountfitchetArt Tours - Stansted MountfitchetHalf-day Tours - Stansted MountfitchetFood Tours - CambridgeCity Tours - CambridgeWalking Tours - CambridgeMarkets - CambridgeHistorical Tours - CambridgeArt Tours - CambridgeHalf-day Tours - CambridgeCategory
St. Paul's CathedralRoyal Opera HouseApollo Victoria TheatreBanqueting House Gatwick Airport (LGW)Downing Street Hyde ParkNational Portrait GalleryBorough MarketQueen's House Wimbledon Lawn Tennis MuseumChurchill War RoomsOld Royal Naval CollegeEarls Court Police BoxOxford StreetSouthwark CathedralAmbassadors TheatreFortnum & MasonAbbey RoadIslington