Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Discover Slovenia’s lesser-known natural, cultural and historical highlights
- Visit sights like Hell Cave (Jama Pekel) or Stična Cistercian Abbey
- Get a taste of local life at traditional craft or music festivals
- Sample regional delicacies and wine at a village market or winery
- Enjoy an itinerary adapted to suit the season, weather and preferences of the group
- Receive personalized attention from the guide on this small-group tour, limited to eight people
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
What To Expect
Admire the scenery, as the view out your window quickly changes from Ljubljana’s Baroque-era architecture, to verdant bucolic hillsides. Embrace serendipity as your day unfolds before you. Maybe you will stop at the Mayor’s Cave, one of Slovenia’s 10,000 caves, or at Županova jama. Other fascinating caves, riddled with stalactites and pools include Planina Cave and Hell Cave (Jama Pekel).
Keep an eye out for impromptu festivals that typically highlight traditional music and crafts. Local markets are also great pit-stops, as they offer an opportunity to taste regional foods and interact with locals. Many villages also offer ways to learn about iron forging and lace-making.
Maybe next you will explore one of the many castles in the countryside, like Žužemberk Castle or Turjak Castle. Podsreda Castle is one of the best preserved medieval castles in Slovenia. Next, it might be on to a Slovenian church, like Stična Cistercian Abbey, the country’s oldest monastery.
Unwind at one of Slovenia’s wineries or stop for views of lakes and waterfalls along your journey. There is no shortage of places to discover in this small but bountiful country. Come evening, enjoy a convenient drop-off at your central Ljubljana hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Adora Hotel // pedestrian zone, pick up place is Levstik square Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Allegro Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pick up place is Levstik square Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa // Pedestrian zone, pick up place is French revolution square Trg francoske revolucije 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Atelier hotel Vošnjakova ulica 8, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Atticus B&B // Closest pickup place: STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Center), Krekov trg 10 Poljanska cesta 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Celica hostel Metelkova ulica 8, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Galleria Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pickup place is Levstik square (Levstikov trg) Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Grand Hotel Union // Pedestrian zone, pickup is in front of uHotel Tavčarjeva ulica 8a, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Lesar Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pickup place is Levstik square Gornji trg 7, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Levstik square Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Meksiko Hotel Njegoševa cesta 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Mrak Hotel Rimska cesta 4, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Slon Best Western Premier Hotel // Limited access with vehicles, pickup place is uHotel Miklošičeva cesta 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Center), Krekov trg 10 Krekov trg 10, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia . Trg Francoske revolucije, at the obelisk Trg francoske revolucije 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia .
- Children 6-17 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located hotels in Ljubljana.
- Hotel pickups commence prior to departure time, we will be in touch with you via e-mail or phone to let you know your exact pickup time.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Small – group tour – up to 8 people per van.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Slovenia Explorer
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Slovenia Off-the-Beaten-Path Day Trip from Ljubljana.