- Experience Peru's Ballestas Islands and the Paracas National Reserve
- Scout for sea lions, penguins and sea birds on the Ballestas Islands
- Entrance fees, plus hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small group is limited to no more than 6 guests
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
During the next 2.5 hours you’ll get an up-close look at this majestic wildlife paradise as you observe the numerous colonies of penguins, sea lions, and seabirds that call its rocky shores home. The unique shape of the rocky formations that make up the island’s coastline only add to its visual appeal and natural beauty.
After leaving the Ballestas Islands, proceed to Paracas National Reserve. This arid coastal region has been named one of the “driest spots on earth” by the Guinness Book of World Records. Explore reserve’s unique desert landscapes and visit the oasis lakes used by migratory birds as they pass by on their trips north and south. You might even spot a Great Pink flamingo in the area.
At the end of your wildlife and outdoors-themed day, transfer back to Lima and receive a drop-off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat, take a bottle of water with you and spare battery for your camera.
- Note: The tour by boat to the Ballestas islands is only by shared boat organized and led by Peruvian marines. There are not private boat tours to the islands. You should expect to be back to Lima at approximately 7:30pm, depending traffic conditions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY HAKU TOURS
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Young children would probably like the animals, but might be bored otherwise, but the trip is in fairly small boats." See review