- 9-hour Lhasa tour to Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple
- Be wowed by the architecture of Potala Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Visit the spiritual heart of Tibet
- Travel by private vehicle
- Lunch included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Once the winter palace of the Dalai Lama, this UNESCO World Heritage site is a symbol of Tibet. As you explore with your private guide, you can admire its architecture and statues such as golden Buddhas and red-robed lamas.
Next visit a local restaurant for lunch before continuing your tour in the afternoon to Jokhang Temple, Tibet's spiritual center. You may see pilgrims who have come here to pray, traveling long distances to reach the Buddhist temple, which dates back to the 7th century. When your time here is up, head next to Barkhor Street, where you can walk along the pilgrimage route that local followers do. Souvenirs can be found here, as well, if you wish to purchase something.
Your day tour ends with return to your hotel for drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport names, passport numbers, date of birth and country is required at time of booking for all participants, because we need those information for buying entrance tickets.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please provide all travelers' dates of birth, full passport names and passport numbers. We need this information for purchasing travel insurance and attractions tickets for you. This information must match with your passports exactly on the day of travel
- Clinets must contact local supplier at least 2 weeks ago , then we need to help clients to get tibet travel permit first.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Private China Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.