- 8-hour tour of two Tibetan UNESCO World Heritage sites from Lhasa
- Travel with ease between Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple
- Explore the ornate Potala Palace, the highest palace in the world
- Visit the 7th-century Jokhang Temple, a vibrant example of Tibetan Buddhist architecture
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Following a 15-minute drive, you’ll arrive at the world’s highest palace, located a whopping 39,370 feet (12,000 meters) above sea level. Home to more than 1,000 rooms, the regal residence is split into the Red Palace and the White Palace.
Admire highlights such as the Great West Hall, The Dharma Cave, and Saint’s Chapel, all of which date back to the 7th century, before stopping to purchase a Chinese- or Tibetan-style lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
Following lunch, you’ll continue to Jokhang Temple, considered one of the world’s greatest Buddhist monuments, to admire the shrines, statues, and shops that comprise the temple.
Your tour concludes with drop-off at your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Book at least 20 days in advance so tour operator may attain your Tibet Permit. Tibet Permit will be delivered to customers' delivery address / hotel address in one city of China. Please note your tour operator will contact you after the booking is confirmed.
- Travelers are required to provide photocopy of passports and China L visas at least 20 days prior to travel date.
- Notice: Customers' airport pick-up and drop-off in Lhasa need be arranged by tour supplier. If customers fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu, please do not apply for China L Visa in advance, because customers need apply for their Tibet Group Visa from China Embassy in Kathmandu via travel agency. Before that, they need ask for invitation letter from tour supplier. If customers fly or take a train to Lhasa from one city of China, they need apply for their China L Visa from China Embassy in their country.
- A valid passport and China L Visa used to apply for Tibet Permit are required on the travelling period
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Travelers who got a Tibet Travel Permit from another travel agency cannot book this day tour
- Travelers are required to book multiple day tours from the same suppliers if their plan includes multiple destinations in Tibet
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tibet Vista
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.