Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day private tour of the Yorkshire Dales from Leeds
- Get a taste of local life in towns like Askrigg and Pateley Bridge
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up and round-trip transport
- Ideal introduction to the Yorkshire Dales for first-time visitors
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
- Visit local highlights such as the World’s oldest sweet shop, the Wensleydale Creamery.
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
The tour departs at 9.00am from any location in Leeds of your choice and heads off for the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
The first stop is at Wensleydale’s most famous landmark, the 14th century Bolton Castle which once housed Mary Queen of Scots, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy and photograph the magnificent views over Wensleydale, learn a bit about the history of the area from your Guide, or just have a leisurely Yorkshire Brew in the medieval castle’s Tea Room.
You will then make the short journey to Aysgarth to see and photograph the major falls which were a filming location for Robin Hood – Prince of Thieves, before following the scenic route to Hawes, passing through the traditional Dales village of Askrigg, the filming location for "Darrowby" in the James Herriot "All Creatures Great and Small" TV series.
Spend one and a half hours in Hawes, the highest Market Town in England, where you can maybe grab some lunch and see how cheese is made at the world famous Wensleydale Creamery Visitor Centre, visit the Dales Countryside Museum or just explore the quaint shops and cafes of the town itself - the choice is yours!
After Hawes you will head into the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park for some photo stops as you pass through the picturesque traditional Dales villages along the meandering route of the River Wharfe.
Arrive in the stunning setting of the conservation village of Arncliffe where you will see the famous Falcon Inn, the original "Woolpack" in the "Emmerdale Farm" TV series. You can either join your guide for a walking tour of the village or just enjoy refreshments with the locals in the Falcon Inn, whichever you prefer.
Continue your journey through the beautiful countryside of the National Park, passing Kilnsey Crag and the village of Grassington, then into the rolling hills of Nidderdale, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The final stop is in the charming little town of Pateley Bridge, category winner in the 2016 Great British High Street Competition, with the option to visit "The Oldest Sweet Shop in England" (2014 Guinness Book of Records), before heading back to Leeds.
The tour arrives back in Leeds at around 5:45pm but you should not book onward travel arrangements too close to the drop-off time, just in case of traffic problems.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children under 4 years can be accepted on private tours, on the condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Between November and March some attractions are closed and, depending upon weather conditions, this tour may follow a different route through the Dales after Hawes and arrive back in Leeds a little earlier, around 5.15pm
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Service animals are allowed by prior arrangement only
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY BOBH - Day Tours of Yorkshire
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms