7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Explore the Colorado River by kayak on a full-day tour from Las Vegas. Hop in your kayaks at the Hoover Dam and travel 12 miles (19km) down the river, stopping at hot springs, Emerald Cave, and beaches where you can swim or sunbathe. Your guide keeps an eye out for bald eagles, falcons, big horn sheep, and other wildlife. Choose from three morning launch times on a tour that includes use of equipment, picnic lunch, snacks, guide, and round-trip transport from hotels on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Full-day Colorado River kayak tour starting at Hoover Dam, from Las Vegas
- Kayak from Hoover Dam down the Colorado River
- Soak in hot springs and check out Emerald Cave during stops along the river
- Swim or sunbathe at beaches on the river
- Hear about the region's ecology and native animals like bald eagles, big horn sheep, and falcons
- Includes use of kayak equipment, picnic lunch, snacks, guide, and hotel pickup and drop-off from the Las Vegas Strip
Saved to wishlist!
All necessary equipment
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if minimum number of 4 guests requesting shuttle pick up is met)
2 styles of life jackets
Entrance fees (this tour requires permits through local authority through the Bureau of Reclamation)
We have a wide range of top brand kayaks for any body type or experience level. We offer single kayaks and tandem two person kayaks to choose from.
Departure & Return
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Outdoor casual attire recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian, Vegan, Lactose-free and Gluten-free options available
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please be advised we pick up from Las Vegas about 90 mins before the Launch permit time
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY River Dogz
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
What is the maximum group size during Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
This activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas.
See all safety measures taken by Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas.
How early before the Departure time will I be picked up for the Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
Pickup from Las Vegas Strip Hotels begins approximately 90 minutes prior to the tour start time. You will be contacted prior to your departure date to confirm your exact pickup time.
Do I need kayak experience to enjoy the Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
No - beginners are welcome, however, you must be in at least a moderate physical condition to complete the tour.
How strenuous is the Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
This is not a float trip. You will paddle 12 miles from start to finish. Also, there can be headwinds from the south that can slow you and make paddling more difficult. Our friendly & experienced guides will assist you every stroke of the way!
How far do we kayak during the Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
Over the course of approximately 7.5-8 hours, we will cover a distance of 12 miles (19.3 km.)
What should I bring with me on the Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
We recommend packing light, but make sure to bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, quick-dry clothing, appropriate shoes (no flip-flops), any medication you require, and a waterproof bag if you bring any electronics with you (Ziplock bags work well.)
What should I wear on the Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
Dress in light, quick-drying warm layers. Water shoes or sneakers are best. NO FLIP-FLOPS. Wear a long-sleeve shirt and long shorts, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a large hat. You may also want to wear your bathing suit under your regular clothes.
Do I need to bring food or water with me on the Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
No - We provide bottled water, fruit, and snacks for your convenience.
What happens if there is bad weather on the date of my Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
If the weather conditions are not conducive to a safe and enjoyable kayak tour, we may cancel your reservation. If this happens, you may either reschedule or receive a full refund.
Are the guides knowledgeable on the Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas?
Yes! Our experienced guides have wilderness first aid and CPR certifications. They also have extensive knowledge of the history of Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, the Lower Colorado River, geology, wildlife, and plants.
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeWater ToursExtremeKayakingFull-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingLas Vegas4WD Tours - NevadaSporting Events - NevadaNature and Wildlife - NevadaWater Tours - NevadaExtreme - NevadaKayaking - NevadaFull-day Tours - Nevada4WD Tours - Palm SpringsSporting Events - Palm SpringsNature and Wildlife - Palm SpringsWater Tours - Palm SpringsExtreme - Palm SpringsKayaking - Palm SpringsFull-day Tours - Palm Springs4WD Tours - FlagstaffSporting Events - FlagstaffNature and Wildlife - FlagstaffWater Tours - FlagstaffExtreme - FlagstaffKayaking - FlagstaffFull-day Tours - FlagstaffCategory
Valley of Fire State ParkGraceland Wedding ChapelZak Bagans' The Haunted MuseumCashman FieldStratosphere TowerShark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay BayLake Mead National Recreation AreaThe Colosseum at Caesars PalaceDeath Valley National ParkClark County MuseumLas Vegas CityCenterRio All-Suite Hotel & CasinoPlanet Hollywood Resort & CasinoTuscany CasinoHidden Valley NevadaFortification HillAlibi Las VegasBellagio Gallery of Fine ArtRick's RestorationsColorado River