Explore our promoted experiences
- Pesto cooking class in Levanto
- Cook alongside a local chef
- Learn to make Genoese pesto from scratch
- Taste local products with wine
- Fun, hands-on way to explore Italian cuisine
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Departure & Return
From the train station “Levanto” walk straight to the centre following Corso Roma, which is the main road with trees. Turn on the left in Corso Italia go ahead and before entering the square with public garden, you will reach Corso Italia n. 16 – “LA NICCHIA PESTIFERA”.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start the class Italian-style—with a glass of sparkling wine and bruschetta made with local olive oil—then learn how Ligurian chefs make pesto using traditional tools.
Next, roll up your sleeves to make the classic Genoa sauce from scratch. Wash and dry the fresh basil leaves, then pound them with salt, pine nuts, and garlic, finally blending in Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil.
Finally, enjoy a glass of white wine and a spread of local products, such as small, black taggiasche olives, bruschetta with anchovies, and a local pastry made with limoncino.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- There isn't any restriction to attend this pesto class.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arbaspaa srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience