9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Experience the natural beauty of Costa Rica, and get an up-close look at some of the nation's most colorful birds. Enjoy scenic transfer to Caño Negro from La Fortuna, where you cruise by boat into the Rio Frio. Search for native birds, mammals, and flora before heading back to land for an authentic lunch.
- Caño Negro wildlife adventure from La Fortuna
- Journey into nature on a scenic boat ride
- Lunch and welcome drink included
- Round-trip hotel transport included
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Transportation - For more information look at this option ¨Pickup information¨
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
El tour incluye trasporta ida y vuelta
What To Expect
Meet your guide in La Fortuna at 7:30 am and make your way in air-conditioned comfort to Caño Negro, where you'll learn about local plantations and regional crops like yucca, papaya and pineapple. Enjoy a welcome drink and snack at the El Caiman restaurant before journeying by boat into the Rio Frio. Spend 2.5 hours searching for egrets, monkeys, herons, iguanas and indigenous flora. After an exciting excursion into nature, head back to the El Caiman Restaurant and enjoy a typical Costa Rican lunch before heading back to La Fortuna.
Our tour starts in La Fortuna at 7:30 am. On the way to Caño Negro you will have the opportunity to learn about numerous agricultural plantations of Costa Rica such as yucca, papaya, pineapple, sugar cane and oranges. Then we will arrive at the "El Caiman" restaurant, where we will enjoy a welcome drink and snack, before the boat tour on the "Rio Frio" river. Here we will have 2.5 hours to see egrets, herons, monkeys, caimans, iguanas, bats and a variety of flora. An excellent Costa Rican typical meal will be waiting for us, back at El Caiman Restaurant and while we have lunch, we can talk about the unforgettable experiences on the river.
Duration: 9 hours
Admission Ticket Included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Hotel Pickup and drop-off is included if hotel location is between La Fortuna and Hotel Tabacón on Route 142, otherwise extra charges apply depending on hotel location.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Canoa Aventura
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Unique Caño Negro ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Unique Caño Negro ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Unique Caño Negro ?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Unique Caño Negro ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Unique Caño Negro
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingLa Fortuna de San CarlosBus Tours - MonteverdeFull-day Tours - MonteverdeBus Tours - PuntarenasFull-day Tours - PuntarenasBus Tours - San JoseFull-day Tours - San JoseCategory