4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Make the most out of your time in Poland by getting out of Krakow and visiting the unique Wieliczka salt mine. Wander the miles of underground passageways, marveling at the intricate and ancient sculptures made from salt in some of the 20 historic chambers. Learn about the history of the mines during this fascinating visit.
- Day trip from Krakow to the Weiliczka salt mine
- Learn about the history of the ancient salt mines
- Marvel at sculptures made of salt
- Get picked up and dropped off at your hotel in Krakow
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Pick up from selected locations in Krakow City Center
Transport by air-conditioned minibus or coach
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Selected Hotels and Hostels located in Krakow City Center. Exact pick-up point and pick-up time will be confirmed in a separate confirmation message before the tour date (to the email provided upon booking).
Return point: Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bringing luggage to the mine is not allowed with the exception of hand baggage. Hand baggage is considered to be luggage of maximum dimensions 35cm x 20cm x 20cm.
- Temperature in the Mine is between 14 and 16 degrees Celsius
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY SeeKrakow Day Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Krakow?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Krakow?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Krakow?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Krakow?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "First thing, you need to be reasonably fit as you have to descend many, many flights of stairs." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Krakow
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingKrakowBus Tours - WroclawHistorical Tours - WroclawHalf-day Tours - WroclawBus Tours - WarsawHistorical Tours - WarsawHalf-day Tours - WarsawBus Tours - BudapestHistorical Tours - BudapestHalf-day Tours - BudapestCategory
Czestochowa Tours & TicketsHistorical Museum of Krakow (Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Krakowa) Tours & TicketsNational Museum Tours & TicketsJan Matejko House (Dom Jana Matejki) Tours & TicketsNew Square (Plac Nowy) Tours & TicketsJama Michalika Tours & TicketsOgrodzieniec Castle (Zamek Ogrodzieniec) Tours & TicketsArchdiocesan Museum (Muzeum Archidiecezjalne w Krakowie) Tours & TicketsSt. Adalbert Church (Kościól Św. Wojciecha) Tours & TicketsKrakow Ethnographic Museum (Muzeum Etnograficzne w Krakowie) Tours & TicketsHipolit House (Kamienica Hipolitów) Tours & TicketsWawel Cathedral (Katedra Wawelska) Tours & TicketsGreat Barbican Tours & TicketsHistorical Museum of the City of Krakow Tours & TicketsAdam Mickiewicz Monument (Pomnik Adama Mickiewicza) Tours & TicketsStained Glass Workshop and Museum (Pracownia i Muzeum Witrazu) Tours & TicketsSt. Mary's Basilica (Kościól Mariacki) Tours & TicketsJuliusz Slowacki Theatre in Krakow (Teatr im J. Slowackiego w Krakowie) Tours & TicketsMt. Gubalówka Tours & TicketsPlanty Park Tours & Tickets