5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Learn about the seafaring skills of the Bajau Laut people, a tribal group of Malaysia commonly referred to as ‘sea gypsies.’ This day trip to Gayang village includes a cruise past their houses built on stilts. Go crab catching and observe main livelihoods, such as fishing and pearl farming, then try your hand at batik painting and keep your creation to take home as a souvenir. Light refreshments are included along with round-trip transport from Kota Kinabalu hotels.
- Gayang village day trip from Kota Kinabalu
- Try your hand at crab catching and batik painting
- Learn about the Bajau Laut people from a knowledgeable guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Magunatip Holidays Sdn Bhd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Gayang Trails Fishing Village Crab Catching and Batik Painting from Kota Kinabalu?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Compare Similar Experiences
Gayang Trails Fishing Village Crab Catching and Batik Painting from Kota Kinabalu
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingSabahKota KinabaluBus Tours - SabahHalf-day Tours - SabahBus Tours - SandakanHalf-day Tours - SandakanBus Tours - Puerto PrincesaHalf-day Tours - Puerto PrincesaCategory
Klias Peninsula (Klias Wetlands)Kota BeludTunku Abdul Rahman National Park (TARP)Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve (Poring Hot Springs)Manukan Island (Pulau Manukan)Kota Kinabalu Wetland CentreSapi Island (Pulau Sapi)Gaya Island (Pulau Gaya)Sabah State Mosque (Masjid Negeri Sabah)Kota Kinabalu City Mosque (Masjid Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu)Tip of Borneo (Tanjung Sipang Mengayu)Mari Mari Cultural Village