2 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Looking beyond Kolkata’s tourist sights into its slum areas is best done with a guide to provide background and ensure you don't get lost. This shared walking tour steps up: with a guide to lead you around one of these districts. See how the inhabitants live, discover their hardships in ensuring life’s necessities, and leave with a better understanding of Kolkata’s slum communities than you might if on your own.
- Experience one of Kolkata’s slum areas on a small-group walking tour
- Explore with a guide for accurate insight and ensure you don’t get lost
- View how the locals live and learn how they work to meet basic daily needs
- Learn detail and truths about the district that you might not hear alone
Saved to wishlist!
Packaged Drinking Water
Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Available on request)
Departure & Return
Location Name: Meeting Point: Topsia Connector Location Address: Ambedkar Sarani, Kolkata (Near Mercedes Showroom)
Departure PointMeeting Point: Topsia Connector
Duration : Upto 2.5 hours
Time : Any 2.5 hours between 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All itineraries are sample itineraries. We reserve the right to change the itinerary either before or during the tour due to weather conditions, safety issues, traffic and road conditions for the comfort of the participants.
- We shall not be responsible for any delays and alterations in the programme or expenses incurred -Directly or indirectly due to natural hazards, accidents, breakdowns of machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, weather, political closure or any other causes beyond our control.
- We shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person or property during a tour. We do not have any insurance policy coverings the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. Visitors are advised to seek insurance arrangements in their home country. All baggage & personal belongings are at the guest's risk at all time.
- For detailed T&C please consult our website
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Calcutta Caravan
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Slum Tour: A Different Side To The 'City Of Joy'
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursTours & SightseeingKolkataCity Tours - West BengalCity Tours - DhakaCity Tours - BhubaneswarCategory
Bharat Sevashram Sangha TempleHimalayan Mountaineering InstituteDarjeeling Himalayan RailwayDakshineswar Kali TempleGhum Monastery (Yiga Choeling Monastery)Marble PalaceChowringhee (Chourangi)MP Birla PlanetariumNakhoda Mosque (Nakhoda Masjid)Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological ParkEden GardensKalighat Kali TempleSt. John’s ChurchIndian MuseumTagore's House (Jorasanko Thakur Bari)St Paul's CathedralPareshnath Jain Temple (Parasnath Jain Temple)Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Botanic GardensGangtokAquatica Water Park